* A choice for aboriginal people of involvement (directly, indirectly or not at all) in one of Australia’s major industries.
* Quality Aboriginal tourism products that reflect a living, unique culture that is both traditional and continuing in contemporary forms.
* Next, indigenous tourism that is a vibrant & viable part of mainstream Australia tourism industry, with strong sustainability in economic & cultural terms.
* Significant economic platform for Aboriginal communities and individuals through employment & enterprise development and dignity through escaping an ongoing welfare & poverty trap.
* Aboriginal tourism product defined and directed primarily by Indigenous people, but with guidance, commercial alliance and where appropriate, joint venture with mainstream operators.
* A partnership & coalition of interest between Indigenous & non indigenous tourism operators, tourist commissions at State & Federal level, program providers involved with aboriginal affairs, the business sector & wider community to achieve a significant contribution towards the reconciliation process.
* Aboriginal people having control of their destiny in Indigenous tourism and presentation of their culture.